Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Why I love the Summer Olympics


I absolutely love the summer Olympics, and I have for as long as I remember. So tonight's blog is the top reasons why I love them!

1. Women's gymnastics has always been my favorite! It all started with the "Magnificent Seven", with my favorite being Dominique Moceanu. Another plus to gymnastics? Scrunchies. After watching some olympics this summer, I have had a HUGE desire to go buy some scrunchies to rock them. 

2. Synchronized Diving. I know this doesn't seem as exciting as some other events, but it is just SO impressive! I can't imagine doing this, and most of the people are just SO good at being in perfect sync. It just is amazing to watch. 

3. Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh Jennings are the best. I mean, even if you aren't from the US you have to realize these women are beasts and amazing. I love volleyball and watching the amazing connection and team work between these girls just makes watching this sport so much better. 

4. Missy Franklin is so inspirational for young swimmers out there. (Which is not me). She is only 17 and is making her Olympic dreams come true. I am so impressed by her skills at such a young age. I also love her for the fact that she refused to leave Colorado to train somewhere else because she loved her school and hometown and her own coach. People probably find that crazy, which makes her gold medal so much more worthy. 

5. As much as I sometimes dislike Michael Phelps, watching him break Olympic Medal history was just amazing to see. I can't believe that after 48 years someone finally set a new record, and not just someone but an American! Because great things like this happen is why I just love the Olympics!

So there is a my PSA about the Olympics, and just how amazing they are. Back to finishing up my Olympic watching! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment